Sunday, August 17, 2008

Gin and Tonic Jelly

#74

(For those in USA Jelly = Jello)
Gin and Tonic Jelly
How to be a Domestic Goddess, p.g. 132
Puddings Chapter
3 out of 5
I'm not a huge fan of alcoholic desserts, and gin is one of my 'demon drinks'. I just never could stomach it. There is a whopping 250ml of gin in the jelly (that's a touch over 8 full shots) for a dessert that serves 8.
I made individual ones for a family get together on a hot day (excuse the wet table cloth, it was a water pistol incident). It was great fun to make jelly from scratch. I had only ever used the fluorescent packet kind when I was a kid, and incidentally my brother's favourite after school snack was jelly crystal sandwiches. Try it, very sweet but surprisingly good.
This is more a Fraternity type dessert then, and perhaps should be served in individual, disposable cups and downed in one go, followed by some chest beating and a jug skull?
I don't think I'll be making this one again....

No comments: